Terms and Conditions of Access and Use
Date of publication: 20.04.2019
- Scope of application. With its website http://www.siscog.pt, http://www.siscog.eu and http://www.siscog.com (the “Website”), SISCOG - Sistemas Cognitivos, SA. (“SISCOG”) wishes to make available a corporate platform containing information on the company, its products, its actions and events in which it has participated or will participate, and to be able to send communications on these matters to anyone who so requests, as well as to give access to a reserved customer area.
In order to ensure safe and responsible information on the Website, SISCOG has adopted and makes public these “Terms and Conditions of Access and Use” (the “Terms”), which regulate access to and the conditions of use of the Website. By accessing the Website, you agree to these terms. SISCOG thanks you for your interest in its products and services and for your visit to the Website, but, should you not agree with these Terms, you should exit the Website.
- Conditions of use. By using the Website, you are hereby given notice and voluntarily and expressly agree that any use of the Website shall always be made under you own exclusive liability. The information contained on the Website may be utilised by you for your personal use.
Any unauthorised access to the Website or to any part thereof or to SISCOG's IT systems and networks, as well as any other action impacting on SISCOG's support media, devices or systems and IT networks, constitutes a criminal offence.
- Right to modify the Website. SISCOG reserves the right, at its entire discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements or to correct any errors or gaps in data contained on the Website. SISCOG assumes no liability whatsoever and shall not be held liable for any damage or virus that might infect the user's computer, IT devices or any other items as a result of having used or accessed the Website.
The Website shall be available at SISCOG's discretion and its availability may be interrupted for maintenance and other actions.
- Cessation of the Website. SISCOG may discontinue or alter the Website or suspend any content at any time, with or without prior notice.
SISCOG shall not be held liable or responsible by the user or any third party for any consequence resulting from suspension, elimination or cancellation of the Website.
- Information. The content and information are made available by SISCOG as they are (“as is”) and within the limits permitted by law, but without any warranty of any kind, express or implied, including any warranty in respect of errors or fitness for any specific purpose, except as a result of wilful misconduct or gross negligence. In fact, although we are convinced that the information given is accurate, it may contain errors, inaccuracies or be outdated. SISCOG also does not warrant the comprehensiveness and currentness of the content and information.
Unless provided for otherwise, no information contained on the Website may be understood as advice.
- Access to services through the Website. Access to our services through the Website is reserved exclusively to SISCOG’s clients, enabling them to access a private area with information specific to them. To this end, access codes will be assigned to clients, who undertake to ensure that they remain confidential. Access granted to clients may be restricted to certain services, access to other services being conditional upon submission of a request to SISCOG.
SISCOG may discontinue this functionality at any time.
- Intellectual property rights. All items contained on this Website, such as texts, images, charts, sound files, animation files and video files and the layout, structure and organisation of the Website, are protected by the legal provisions on intellectual property, in particular in the context of protection under Intellectual Property Law. These items may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, modified, used for other creative works or to create any works derived therefrom or incorporated in links of other websites. The Website may also contain images that are the intellectual property of their suppliers and/or third parties, also being subject to the legal provisions applicable to the protection of copyright and, in general, intellectual property rights. This prohibition includes “web scraping” practices and other forms of automated extraction of information.
SISCOG is the lawful owner of all distinctive signs protected by intellectual property rights displayed on the Website, as well as of the names, trademarks or logos. However, the Website may contain logos or symbols or trademarks belonging to other entities, in particular to our clients, but also to others, namely associated with news. In this case, these rights belong to third parties.
Thus, no intellectual property right over the Website or any of its components owned by SISCOG or third parties is granted. Similarly, no right to transfer or encumber or authorisation to use any intellectual property right thereover is granted. Their reproduction, transformation, distribution, public communication, availability, extraction, reuse, forwarding or use, of any nature and by any means or procedure, is strictly prohibited, except in the cases permitted by law or authorised by the owner of the respective rights.
When you use the Website, you must at all times respect all the intellectual property rights over the Website, owned by SISCOG or third parties.
You may include links or refer to our Website on other websites, provided the following requirements are met:
(i) you shall not remove, distort or alter the size and appearance of any graphic element or design over which we own intellectual property rights, including trademarks and logos;
(ii) you shall not suggest that SISCOG advises any products or services other than its own;
(iii) you shall not give erroneous or false information on your relationship with SISCOG;
(iv) you shall not use SISCOG's intellectual property rights for other purposes without our express written consent;
(v) your Website shall not contain offensive or controversial information, either to SISCOG or third parties, nor breach any laws, including intellectual property rights of SISCOG or third parties.
- Processing of personal data
SISCOG adopts technical and administrative security measures to mitigate the risk of any accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss and destruction of personal data, or against unauthorised access thereto, but it should be noted that there are always risks associated with the supply of personal data. We strive to continuously improve our security procedures as new technologies become available.
- Links. SISCOG makes available links to other websites. In spite of these being carefully selected on the basis of their usefulness, we are, however, unable, to guarantee their quality. Accordingly, SISCOG shall not be held liable for the content and updating of these websites. Links to other websites are made available for convenience and for information purposes only. SISCOG shall in no event be deemed to recommend visiting any of the websites in question, nor their products or services.
- Liability. In particular, the user expressly agrees and accepts that:
(i) he/she shall bear the risk of any use of the Website;
(ii) the Website is supplied "as is", with no warranty of any type, including as to the accuracy, fitness for specific purposes or reliability of the information;
(iii) SISCOG shall not be held liable for any failure to use or impossibility of using the Website.
- Amendments to the Terms. SISCOG reserves the right to amend or alter these Terms at any time without prior notice. By using this Website, the user acknowledges SISCOG's right to amend these Terms without prior notice. We recommend that you read and review the Terms every time you access the Website, in order to become aware of any amendment made thereto.
- Law and jurisdiction. The Website has been created under and functions in accordance with Portuguese law. Any dispute resulting from this Website shall be governed by Portuguese law, the Courts of Lisbon having exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute related thereto.
- Contacts. Should you have any doubt, please contact email@example.com.